Providing Competitive Electricity Connection Solutions
Power On Connections is the UK’s largest and leading Independent Connections Provider (ICP) specialising in designing and delivering high voltage and low voltage electrical infrastructure to commercial, industrial, retail and city living developments.
Power on Connections has completed over 2,000 projects since its formation 10 years ago and most recently its specialist teams delivered electrical infrastructure to the high profile redevelopment at London’s Kings Cross Station. This landmark project represented a £500m investment into the Capital’s transport infrastructure to create a world class hub.
As part of the project, Power On constructed and installed a 5.5Mva electrical supply for the scheme, which included a twin circuit, 4km off-site cable route through London, crossing a rail bridge and various other Network Rail structures, terminating on site into a multi-panel 11kv switchboard.
The company’s unique position within the electricity industry means customers can benefit greatly from the power behind this highly successful ICP and its unparalleled family connections. The Gas Transportation Company (GTC), Britain’s principal independent provider of energy infrastructure is POC’s parent company. Sustainable energy experts Metropolitan are also part of the same group and they are all part of Brookfield Utilities UK, the leading independent provider of last-mile networks with over 30,000 discrete networks serving over 1.3 million utility connections throughout mainland UK. This means that Power On Connection’s customers have access to specialist expertise and decades of industry experience in traditional and next generation utility infrastructure including gas, electricity, water, superfast fibre and community-based district energy.
The company reached a momentous milestone in 2013, having installed infrastructure with a total electrical capacity of 1 gigawatt (1GW), the equivalent of 1000 megawatts or enough electricity to power around 800,000 homes.
Bob Theobald, Managing Director at Power On Connections comments: “Whilst Power On Connections’ core business centres on delivering complex electricity solutions, the company has the power behind it to provide multi-utility infrastructure to every development and being part of a big family in Brookfield Utilities UK has many advantages for our customers. We are able to offer all the traditional as well as next-generation utility infrastructure solutions through just one partner, which gives the best possible customer experience. Utilities are time critical in every development project and that kind of continuity can make a vital difference”.
Power On Connection Services
- New electricity connections with a cumulative load of 275kVA +
- In house bespoke design solutions for each individual project
- Design & build of 33kV networks/ primary substations
- Onsite and Offsite civils works up to the point of connection
- Temporary Builders Supplies
- Diversionary Works to facilitate a new connection
- Testing & Commissioning
- Connections for renewable energy sources
- IDNO facility to own and operate networks
Power On Connection Benefits
- Most cost effective solution always designed
- Full project management from design through to energisation
- Further flexibility on IDNO projects, where Power On Connections adopt and own the installed assets
- Directly employed in-house design and delivery teams
- National delivery within each DNO region
- Assistance with the co-ordination of project related legal agreements
- Technical Expertise
Power On Connections
Potters Marston Hall
Tel: 0845 2300116